Thursday, March 25, 2010

Taking turns

Well, it seems like Danny and I have been taking turns having our bad days. The first two days were definitely mine, but yesterday was Danny's turn. He is such a strong man, and it was hard to see him mourn. This is something that we will just have to take day by day and sometimes even minute by minute.
I went to see my OB yesterday for the first time since we lost Gracie. I was dreading sitting in that waiting room full of pregnant women and strollers full of little ones. All I could think was, "this should be me". Once I got in the exam room, peace just flooded me. I absolutely love my OB. She cried right along with me. It was like she could read my mind. I didn't even have to open my mouth, and she was already discussing my next concern. She said that losing Gracie shouldn't have happened. We are going to be doing some genetic testing. This is so weird, but I am hoping there was a genetic reason why God took her from us so soon. At least that would give me some closure. If not, we will just face that when it comes.
Today we are going back to the funeral home to finalize everything. I hope today is a better day, but we will just have to wait and see. I loved what Danny said to me last night, "it will never be better, it will just be different." How absolutely true.
Thanks to everyone who is still offering support, encouraging words, thoughts, and prayers. Without them, we could not be handling this as well as we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment