Saturday, March 13, 2010

Missing Out!

I have only been on bed rest for a week, and it really stinks! It may sound great to most people: watching tv and reading books all day, doing absolutely no housework, and staying in your pj's all day. After a couple of days, it really loses its attractiveness.
It seems like I have been missing out on so much this week. With the weather getting nicer and nicer, all I want to do is take Ava outside and draw with chalk, go on stroller rides, and watch her just explore. Danny did take her out one day when it was especially nice, but I know he is exhausted once he gets home from work. That's another thing too. Danny has been doing awesome picking up my slack, but I feel so guilty. Do I tell him what needs to be done? Which to him probably comes across as me nagging. Or do I keep my mouth shut and wait until he sees what needs to be done? Ok wives, we all know where that option gets us- nothing, I think the male species is blind to dirty dishes and empty sock drawers.
Another thing I am totally bummed about is my missed mom's night out. This was going to be the first year I was going to the Hearts at Home conference in Bloomington with my friend Julie. We had it all planned out and all of our classes had been hand picked by us. Of course I couldn't go. You have no idea how much I was looking forward to it. I am definitely going next year! I hope you had fun, Julie! We'll be the first ones in the door for the 2011 conference!
I know I shouldn't complain because all of these things that I'm missing out on will be a small price to pay for the end result that we are hoping and praying for. I guess it's the unknown that I'm so worried about. In the end, will I be doing all of this for nothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment