Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Some hard parts

So I thought I was on the road to being a little more positive. I guess that trip is being postponed for a little bit. After a night full of vivid, heartbreaking dreams, I woke up in a cloud of doom and gloom.
There are some things that no one tells you about or prepares you for. I couldn't believe how perfectly formed Gracie was. She was a little baby, and I think that makes things harder. I counted every toe and every finger. They were normal, they were perfect.
Another thing I wasn't ready for, breast milk. The thought never crossed my mind. With Ava, this was part of my greatest memories in those early days. There is nothing like bonding with your little one while they are nursing. So here I am, making milk and my arms ache for her.
Ok, I'm done for now. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment