Friday, March 26, 2010

Back to me

Yesterday we went back to the funeral home to finalize some things. After we were done with things the funeral director asked if I wanted to hold Gracie one last time. Yes I wanted to. I think Danny was a little nervous because he didn't want me to get upset if she didn't look the same. When he came back with her, she was wrapped so sweetly in a little blanket. She still looked absolutely perfect. I held her one last time, counted every finger and toe, and just talked to her. I had no idea how much this would mean to me and how much more closure it gave.
With Danny having such a bad day the day before and me loving to get to hold my girl, I thought the day would be ok. Oh how wrong I was. By evening, it hit me like a ton of bricks. The feelings and memories came flooding back like it had just happened. Like always, Danny was there for me. I can't tell you how much he has helped me through all of this. I'm dreading him going back to work next week. I guess I'll just have to take it day by day like I have been.
Thanks again for everyone who has sent cards, flowers, food, and encouraging words. You have no idea how much this has helped us through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment