Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm too old to be pulling all nighters

By the title you would probably think I got to do something fun to cause me to stay up all night. Wrong!!! It seems like whenever Ava gets a cold, her asthma flairs up. We spent all night camped out on her bedroom floor reading books. Finally this morning I decided to take her into the ER. I knew there was something wrong when my little chatter box had to give all her energy into breathing and barely said anything the whole night. So, off we go to the ER, with grandma in tow for my own moral support. Honestly, I was expecting them to admit us right there, so I brought my mom along to pick up things from the house for me :). When we got there her pulse ox. was 86% (lovely), she had to get xrays, and a shot (also lovely). Do you sense my sarcasm? I will have to admit, Ava did wonderful considering the circumstances. I think she forgave everyone as soon as a nurse scrounged up an Elmo sticker. After the xrays, the doctor came in and told me she had bilateral pneumonia. ugg. I kind of felt bad. I thought it was all just a cold and her asthma causing her to not breath. The poor thing has bad pneumonia. That's what a get for following the nurse in me instead of following my mother's intuition.
I'm typing this while, praise the Lord, Ava is taking a nap. This is the first time she has slept since yesterday's nap. The doctor said the next few days will get worse before they get better. Hopefully, it won't be too bad :). Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment