Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Liv!!!

Well, today has been very bittersweet for me. Today is Liv's 3rd birthday. I keep thinking of all the things her and her family have taught me, all of the amazing things she accomplished in her little life, and the thousands of people she impacted. This little girl definitely had a purpose on this earth, and it was huge. It makes me smile because if you know anything about Liv, she never did anything small. So how did we celebrate the day at the McGraw household? Well it started with a late night trip to the cemetery. This was the first time that I have ever gone to see her. I just have never been able to go, until now. Once I found her, thanks Julie, I stayed quite a while just talking to her. If anybody knows me, "I'm scared of my own shadow", as my husband tells me. But I was never once scared being in the cemetery, at night, and by myself. I felt her presence as I was sitting on the ground by Liv's little spot by the bean field. I can't believe it has already been three months and at the same time it has only been three months since she walked through Heaven's gates. Anyway, back on track.... Then once I got home last night, I told Ava the story of how Olivia, or Angel Liv as Ava calls her now, would be dancing and singing with the angels tomorrow because it was her birthday. Ava's eyes got huge!! Whenever she thinks of birthdays, she thinks of cake- my kind of girl, right?! So bright and early the next morning the two of us were making Angel Liv's birthday cake. Who says cake isn't for breakfast? Then we went and got her her birthday balloons. Of course they had to be purple. So after nap time, we both sat down and wrote our letters to Liv. Liv, I hope you can read two year old writing because I couldn't, but I'm sure it was good :). We each taped our letters to the balloons and went outside to send them up to Heaven. Sorry Liv, we originally got you three balloons, but Ava had to keep one for herself. You were always good at sharing, so I didn't think you would mind. Anyway, today was hard and joyful all at the same time, but in the end a very blessed, blessed day. Happy Birthday Liv!!! We love you and miss you so, so much!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you from Suzanne, Livvy's "other" grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany,
    One of Liv's accomplishments was that she brought you into our lives. What a blessing!
    Thank you for being so special!
    Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete