Wednesday, August 5, 2009

finally looking a little brighter

Well after a sleepless night monday night, I was sure praying for a better night last night. Ava slept all night long, yay!! Today she was still breathing really fast, but not as wheezy. She still has a terrible hacking cough, but I can deal with that. She still isn't eating very much, which is unusual for her. She's like her momma, we both like to eat :). She got a little bit of her energy back, but definitely not even close to her norm. The doctor says it will just take time. You would think since I'm a PICU nurse nothing would bother me. But when it's your own child, it is such a different story. I just wish she could go through a normal cold like everyone else. It seems like whenever she gets anything viral it sends her asthma into a tailspin and usually leads to something more severe. I keep hoping maybe she'll outgrow it. Danny still hasn't outgrown his, so maybe she'll just have to be the first.
I go back to work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it in a way. The past couple of days, I've had a little shadow following me everywhere, even to the bathroom. It will be nice to not have someone under my feet for a little bit. I'm also dreading it at the same time. I know she'll be in good hands tomorrow with my mom and grandma, but they just aren't mom. We'll both just have to give it our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment