Friday, April 9, 2010

We just needed a little fun

Lately Danny and I both have been struggling. I don't know if it is because everything has started to slow down: meetings at the funeral home are done, the mailbox isn't packed with cards anymore, and our doorbell has stopped ringing with flower arrangements waiting on the other side. Or if it is because we have discovered that life moves on whether we want it to or not. Danny has gone back to work, laundry still needs to be done, meals need to be cooked, and bills need to be paid. The two of us have just been gloomy. So today after Ava woke up from her nap, off we went. I wasn't sure where, but we were going somewhere. We ended up in Peoria. I have been wanting to try out Fired Up for a while, so what better day than today.


I love the tongue.











































Deep in concentration.























Maybe a lefty?


































































Maybe a righty?

































We definitely needed this. The atmosphere was so calming and soothing. For an hour or so, I completely forgot what was happening around me and just enjoyed what was in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment