Friday, April 2, 2010

The Power of Friends

Well yesterday I ventured out for the first time without anyone with me to spend the day with a good, good friend. I was a little nervous. Would I cry? Would I not know what to say? On the drive over I though, so what if I cry, who cares if I don't know what to say. I will be with someone who loves me and would do anything for me.
It turns out the day went perfectly. We had a great lunch filled with fun conversation and Gracie. I told all of my fears, pains, anger, and relieved the day of her birth. It wasn't as sad as I thought it would be. She was loved by many even though her time here with me was short, she should be celebrated. She has forever changed me and my outlooks, and I have discovered a different kind of love that I have never experienced before.
Thank you so much Julie for the day and searching with me for some flowers. We will be doing it again very soon. I am so blessed to have such great friends that love me and my family!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you guys had a great day. Julie therapy is good stufff! I could use a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole-
    She gives the greatest hugs in the world! I have been so blessed to have her in my life. I know for sure that I would never be able to get through this without her. We do need to buy her a couple of razor though :)
    I have been thinking of you and praying for your family a lot these past couple of days.

    ReplyDelete