Monday, April 19, 2010

Some mixed emotions

Today I went to my ob's office to go over the genetic testing that was done on Gracie. Everything was normal. I just don't know how I feel about it. It sounds bad, but I was kind of hoping she had something that was incompatible with life. At least that way I would have some kind of closure. With her being normal/perfect :), I feel like this shouldn't have happened and I should still be pregnant with her right now.
On the other hand, I talked a lot with my ob about future pregnancies. It was nice to have a plan and to somewhat know what to expect. I am now considered having an incompetent cervix. With any future pregnancies, I will get a cerclage and progesterone shots right away. This makes me feel a little better knowing that we'll be a little more aggressive with things this time.
I just don't know how to react to all of this.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got some answers, even if they weren't exactly what you were hoping to hear. I was just reading about this somewhere yesterday and I can't remember for the life of me where that was. Go figure. If I remember, I'll pass it along. How are the tulips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any answers in my situation either. We need to be okay with that. I will be looking at a future with progesterone also. (Did I say that......I guess "if" we try again.) The Father's plan for us is so much bigger than we can even try to wrap our brain around. It's just not our job to figure it all out. It's our job to glorify Him while we are in our temporary home. Gracie has moved on to the place we desire to be. She is missed here, but she is perfect there! It's our hearts that hurt. Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete