Monday, April 5, 2010

Feeling a little lost

We had a great Easter! We were very busy, 5 stops! Ava loved going through all of her Easter baskets. That girl is definitely loved.
Even though we were having fun, I could tell Danny and I were suffering. Maybe not suffering, but longing. I have been feeling lost lately. I have always been close to my mom and have been able to talk to her about anything, but I just can't seem to open up to her about losing Gracie. I think it is because she has never been through anything like this, so she just doesn't "get" me. The only people I have been able to talk to about everything is Danny and a friend. I guess two is way better than none!
I've been having such a hard time with this, I've been looking into joining a support group. This is another place where I feel lost. There are many miscarriage support groups. However, most miscarriages happen before week 12 where the baby really isn't formed and many don't realize they are miscarrying. Don't get me wrong, this group is experiencing a loss as well but our experiences are different. The other support group, which is very hard to find, is losing a child. Again, I feel like I don't "fit". I couldn't even begin to imagine what these families have gone through, losing children from: illness/traumas. I don't belong to this group either. These families have so many memories, pictures, and belongings from their little ones. I only have memories from Gracie being inside of me, going through labor, holding her, and my many dreams and hopes for her. I just feel lost and like I don't belong anywhere. I guess we will get through this just like everything else.
I will be posting some pics of Easter sometime, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment