Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sleepovers and All Nighters

After almost two and a half years, Ava had her first sleepover- well kind of. She has never slept in any other bed but her own, until now. She got to sleep over at her grandma's house. She camped out on the floor with her Aunt Laney. I guess she was so excited, she woke up at 5:00, sorry Grandma.
You may ask, "what was the special occasion?" Well, only the biggest shopping day of the year! The women of the family look forward to this day the whole year. Drum Roll Please. It is the one, the only, BLACK FRIDAY!!! After having our Thanksgiving dinner, we all sit down with our ads and make our plan of attack. We were all so excited, this year's mission would get started at 2200 sharp. For those of you who aren't familiar with military time, that's 10:00 pm. That's right, 10:00 at night. All of us girls pulled an all-nighter shopping. To make the trip even more memorable, Toby's girlfriend, Megan, joined us for her very first black Friday experience. I don't think she knew what to expect, but I think she had a pretty good time. Now that she got her feet wet, I hope she will have even more fun next year. I got some pretty good deals, and even got a good chunk of my Xmas shopping presents bought.
Of course I had to save some presents to buy on Monday. What's so special about Monday? My very good friend Julie and I are going shopping! You may remember when we took the kids on the train to Chicago. Well, we had so much fun, Julie and I decided to have a mom's only shopping trip. Can I tell you how excited I am? What could be better than a day filled with shopping, popcorn, hustle, and bustle with Christmas in the air? Well, enjoying it with one of my besties, of course!! Watch out Chicago, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment