Friday, November 6, 2009

All Aboard!!

A couple of weeks ago, Ava and I took a trip up to Chicago with my good friend, Julie, and her kids. This was Ava's first "big" trip. Needless to say, I was a little nervous about how Ava would behave on the train. All the kids did absolutely awesome on both the way there and the way back!! We even had several people comment about how well behaved they all were.


We went to the Shedd Aquarium and saw lots of neat things!! We watched one of the shows that had penguins, whales, and dolphins.











I think the kids had the most fun playing in "penguin land".

After the aquarium, Ava took a much needed mini- nap. (It was getting a little hairy at the aquarium for while. On a total side note- when you have a screaming child, it just doesn't seem like there are as many people crowding around you. I guess that is one positive to a public meltdown.)
Anyway, next we went to the American Doll Store. I had never been there before, but boy was it sooo much fun. Since Ava slept through that part, I took full advantage and bought a set of American Girl Doll twins for christmas. I couldn't have her miss the experience and have nothing to show for it :).





Then we went to a Lego Store. By then, Ava woke up and was raring to go. Brooklyn and I, however, needed a little rest. The two of us sat by this lovely gentleman :)- while Julie, Jack, and Ava looked at Legos.









I had to throw this one in. Ava just loves Jack to pieces, and he is soooo good with her. Ava calls him her "sweetie", too cute.

It was a great trip! I was so proud of how good the kids did. Julie and I decided that we had so much fun, we have already booked our next trip in a couple of weeks. We did only book two tickets, though. I guess we'll just have to make the most out of a "mom only" trip:). I can't wait to see all of the stores decorated for Christmas and get some shopping done. It should be a really fun time with one of my good, good friends. A thought: Doesn't the Lord do his work in the most wonderful ways ?!

No comments:

Post a Comment