Saturday, November 21, 2009

Monkey Girl!

If you know anything about Ava, you know she can climb! She started climbing before she could walk. This has caused me many gray hairs and many band aids. After constantly getting after her for climbing on things, I decided to give a new approach a try. I thought maybe if I let her fall and get hurt just once (I know, just call me mother of the year:) ) she wouldn't do it anymore. Well, that approach has done nothing for the cause. Now whenever she falls, she just giggles and tries it again. Huh, I keep hoping it is a stage and it will pass, but this is going to be a very long stage, I am afraid.
This is what she has recently learned how to do.
I was calling for her to come upstairs to get her pj's on. I heard her coming up the stairs, but she was taking a really long time- not good.
Me: "Ava what are you doing"
Ava: "I'm coming up the stairs"
And this is what I find.






































I like our cat in the background on this one. She's probably thinking, "finally, it's not me getting in trouble."







I can't wait until this stage ends. It is wearing me out. On the plus side, I won't have to dust in between the banister posts anymore:)

No comments:

Post a Comment