Thursday, September 16, 2010

Better late than never

So, I've had Ava's room done for a while now, but just haven't gotten the pics uploaded. I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed how it turned out and the little money I spent. The only thing I still have to do for her room is a dresser. She has a dresser that is a light wood that matched her crib. I want a white dresser but am hoping to find an inexpensive one I can paint and make over.
Here's the breakdown. The curtains are the same ones that were already in the room. I bought fabric dye at walmart and changed them from pink to turquoise. The circles on the curtains are just felt that I cut in different sizes and glued them onto a pin that I pinned to the sheer curtains (she already had those too). Next the lamp I found at a yard sale for $2. It was an ugly green, so I just spray painted it pink. I added ribbon (from my home stash) to the shade to give it some life. The wall decorations are foam board I got at the dollar tree and covered them with fabric (again from my fabric stash). Ava had fun picking out where to put them. The side table I already had in another room.
The bed frame I found at a yard sale for $5!!!! I sanded it down and painted it white. I was a little intimidated at first because I have never painted furniture before, but it was really easy. The bedding I got really lucky and found the exact colors I was looking for at Marshall's on clearance. To make the deal even better, I had some left over money on a gift card that covered the cost of the bedding. The main cost of the room makeover was the new mattress. There is a small, family owned furniture shop that is close by that I got a great deal on the mattress set. I think for everything, I spent less than $350. Not bad if I do say so myself! I still need to get her dresser though, so if anyone out there finds a potential candidate, give me a call :).

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Your creative juices were really flowing! Thanks for sharing.Suza

    ReplyDelete