Tuesday, July 7, 2009

my real job

I thought this was toooo cute not to post. Yesterday I was watching a tv program watching a mom buy things she would need for her first baby, and the mom was saying how expensive a baby is, amen sister!! Anyways, my youngest sister, who is 8 years old, was watching with me. She asked me, "how did you get all of that stuff for Ava"
me- "I bought it at stores"
Laney- "how did you pay for all of it?"
me- "with money"- what has this girl been paying attention to in her 8 years worth of shopping?
Laney- "how do you get the money?"
me-"I get my money from working in the hospital"
Laney- funny/confused look
me-"why did you think I work so much?"
Laney-"well, to save lives" :)

For a moment I was speechless. I never thought of it that way. Don't I have the greatest job ever!!! I get to make money while having the pleasure to save lives everyday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! You do have the greatest job ever...and you're even good at it, too ;)

    ReplyDelete