Monday, July 6, 2009

Fun at Fondulac Farm Park

As most of you know, I am a PICU nurse. The majority of "our kids" have heart defects. Sometimes, these kids have to stay in the hospital for a very long time. The hospital staff becomes their families and, in return, these families are forever a part of our lives. Such is the case with little Olivia. I could go on and on about how this one little girl has made such a huge impact on my life. About a month ago, Liv became one of God's most treasured angels. I have to admit, her loss has really left me with a heavy heart. Even though Livs is gone, I am still very close with her family, especially her mom, Julie. We went on our first play date at Fondulac Farm Park. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures with Julie or the kids, because my forever energized 2 year old kept my mom and I on the run.
Here's a picture of my mom with Ava at the park. Ava tried to be brave enough to touch a horse, but I don't think she ever ended up getting to pet it. Maybe next time, tootsie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment