Monday, January 18, 2010

Home Projects

I know everyone has been waiting in great anticipation for my next post (yeah right). Not a whole lot has been going on around here lately. I did, however, get some motivation lately. When Danny and I moved into our house, our first house, we had a lot of work to do. Although it was a great house, it looked like an old person lived there. Every room was covered in shag carpet. We had all the colors of the rainbow; aqua, brown, bright orange, green, and blue. Needless to say, we put in all new flooring. Next to the walls. They were all wood paneling- yuck. I wanted to tear them down and put up drywall. Since Danny would be the one doing all of this, he talked me into painting the paneling and if I still didn't like it, he would tear them all done. Much to his relief, I loved the look. It looks like an old country house. Anyway, by the time my mom and I painted EVERY room in the house, we were so sick of painting, that was the last thing we wanted to do. Well, our dining room didn't quite turn out how I wanted. I was hoping for a deep yellow, and I got bright yellow. After 3 years of living here, I finally worked up the energy to repaint it. Of course I had to have a helper, but this time it wasn't my mom:).


Oh, that yellow was blinding!










Ava did a great job. And yes I know she isn't even close to matching, but they worked for painting. She has been into picking out her own clothes lately, and we won't even go there right now.


I forgot to get a picture of the final project, but it turned out great! Danny came home that night and said it looked really good. He liked it so much, he thought I should repaint our bedroom next. I told him since I love painting so much ( I despise painting) he may have to wait another 3 years.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bethany....sorry I took forever responding to your question. I honestly couldn't remember the name of the website where I got the Caillou dolls, but I found my receipt :) The website is tystoybox.com I was actually super surprised at the Caillou selection. I'm hoping to find some birthday party supplies on that website because apparently you need to have a Caillou party when you turn two :)

    ReplyDelete