Monday, September 21, 2009

Rainy Sunday

It seems whenever I have great plans for the weekend, they get smashed to smitherines by the weather. Sunday, we were planning on going to the TOUCH picnic at Wild Life Prairie Park. As soon as I put Ava down for a nap, the rain started coming in. She usually takes at least a two hour nap, so I figured the rain would past. NOPE!! Plan B: go to our favorite restaurant, Jalisco's. I could eat there everyday if I could. I love the food and the wonderful family that runs it. They eww and ahhh over Ava whenever we go in. As soon as we sit down, Miguel (sad, I know), brings out a small bowl of salsa and shredded cheese just for Ava. It's so cute to see her stop eating whenever she sees a server walking by. She just knows they will either rub her head or pinch her cheeks. She just grins from ear to ear in anticipation... so cute!!!
Once we got home, and soaked A's pants that were covered in salsa, the three of us settled in to watch the football game. Ava only watched a quarter before she got bored. So the two of us started painting at the kitchen table. Painting has become her new favorite hobby. Even though our day didn't turn out as planned, it was fun just being lazy together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment