Friday, September 11, 2009

No more monkies climbing out of bed!!

As many people know, Ava is a great climber. She could climb before she could walk. Lately, Ava has been climbing out of crib a lot. At first, I was just hoping she would forget how she did it, so I could keep her in her crib. I had heard a lot of horror stories from other parents about their adventures of moving their toddlers to big girl/boy beds. Call me selfish, but I like my sleep. We finally bit the bullet and changed Ava's bed to a big girl bed!!!!! The first night was a little ruff, for me anyway. I ended up sleeping on the floor beside her bed. The next day, I really thought, maybe I should reconsider a tent for her crib. I know, I know- terrible mother. I admit, I did actually look into getting a tent to go on top of her crib at one time. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that the next night she slept the whole night in her bed, and, not only that, she slept in the next morning. We still have occasional struggles getting her into bed, but once she's in, she usually stays until morning.
Notice the bedding? It doesn't match, and it drives me crazy. I let her pick out her own pillow case and fabric for her blanket. I think maybe sometime this fall, we will make the room match her bedding a little bit better. I also think that she will end up going to college with her fish tank. She uses it all the time. I will wake up in the middle of the night and hear her fish tank. I guess I shouldn't complain because it lets me sleep during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment